|Title||Emily Campbell's Diploma from the GGH School of Nursing|
|Year Range from||1904|
|Year Range to||1904|
A diploma belonging to Emily Pipe Campbell from the Guelph General Hospital School of Nursing. The diploma has a green and brown decorative border. There is a sepia image of the old Guelph General Hospital building at the top with text "Established in 1873, Incorporated by Act or Parliament" typed on each side. Beneath the image the text reads:
"This is to Certify that Miss Emily Pipe Campbell has completed a three years course of instruction in the Training School for Nurses, Guelph General Hospital, and is a Qualified Nurse for Medical, Surgical, and Obstetrical cases, having passed a satisfactory Examination before the undermentioned Members of the Examining Board."
The date May 19, 1904 and the signatures of the examiners, chairman of the hospital board, the superintendent of the training school, and the secretary are written in black ink at the bottom of the diploma.
The inscription "Emmies Guelph General Hospital Diploma 1904" and "Nurse Diploma EPIE" are handwritten in blue ink on the back of the diploma. Also located on the back is the numbers 0025-95, which is handwritten in pencil. These numbers represent the old catalogue number used by the GGH Alumnae Association.
Howitt, Dr. H.O.
Lindsay, Dr. J.
Campbell, Emily Pipe
Guelph General Hospital School of Nursing
Guelph General Hospital
MEDICAL - NURSES
MEDICAL - HOSPITALS
|Dimensions||36.0 cm (width) x 30.0 cm (height)|