Guelph Museums logo Collections Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1986.18.300
Object Name Postcard
Title Main Building (Johnston Hall), O.A.C.
Date 1910
Year Range from 1905
Year Range to 1915
Description Tinted, undivided back postcard, front view of the main building at OAC. The building has a continuous mansard (flat) roof with dormer windows along the slope of the roof. There is a center tower, arched windows, and a classical style portico.
on front "ONTARIO AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE , GUELPH, ONT." on back "KNOWLES & CO. LONDON"
People Stone, Frederick William
Johnston, William Henry
Mills, James
Search Terms Ontario Agricultural College - Johnston Hall
Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
Moreton Lodge
Subjects ARCHITECTURE - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
EDUCATION - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
Dimensions 2.76/5.28 - Length/Width