|Title||Norfolk Street United Church Notecard Drawn by Dorothy Clark McClure|
|Year Range from||1970.0|
|Year Range to||1979.0|
Notecard with a drawing of the Norfolk Street United Church by Dorothy Clark McClure on the front. The card is printed on Manila cardstock paper with the text and image a brown colour. It is a portrait orientation. The card is blank inside and has an unfinished edge on the front. The image on the front shows the front of Norfolk Street United Church and a portion of the building the to left. Some small figures are scattered throughout the image. Along the bottom of the image "Norfolk Street United Church (1855) Guelph, Ontario." There is a brief paragraph on the back describing the history of the building: "The lot at the corner of Norfolk and Cork Streets, where the present church stands, was granted to the little Wesleyan Methodist congregation by the Canada Company in 1873. A frame chapel was erected the following year. By 1855, with the steady growth and prosperity of the town, it was decided to build a limestone church, 85' x 50', one of the largest at the time, in Western Ontario. Built with a strong square tower and in the fine tradition of Guelph's early stonemasons it continues to this day to be a source of pride and beauty. With union between Presbyterian and Congregationalists in 1925, Norfolk became a United Church. In 1928 a three storey stone church school, gym and auditorium were added. This fall (1974) Norfolk Street United Church will have completed 138 years of service to the community.
From an original drawing by Dorothy Clark McClure, Copyright, The Red House Studio, Aurora, Ont."
The envelope is plain white colour with no text and not sealed.
.1 - Card, .2 - Envelope
Clark McClure, Dorothy
Norfolk Street United Church
ARCHITECTURE - CHURCHES
ARTS - VISUAL ARTS
RELIGION - CHURCHES
.1 - Card: 10.9 cm X 14 cm
.2 - Envelope: 14.9 cm X 11.5 cm