Guelph Museums logo Collections Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1986.18.304
Object Name Postcard
Title Main Building (Johnston Hall) & Chemistry Building, O.A.C.
Date 1912
Year Range from 1912
Year Range to 1912
Description Divided back postcard with correspondence on back and 1c stamp. The tinted photograph shows the main building (Johnston Hall), with mansard roof, dormer windows at slope of roof, arched windows and classical style portico. The Chemistry Building is also shown. It has a steeply pitched roof, with gable above entrance, arched windows, heavy masonry work and tall chimneys.
on front "O.A.C. MAIN BUILDING AND CHEMISTRY BUILDING, GUELPH"
Date Made Notes: Postmarked
People Stone, Frederick William
Johnston, William Henry
Mills, James
Search Terms Ontario Agricultural College - Johnston Hall
Ontario Agricultural College - Chemistry Building
Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
Moreton Lodge
Subjects ARCHITECTURE - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
EDUCATION - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
Dimensions 3.90/5.51 - Length/Width