Guelph Museums logo Collections Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1995.17.7
Object Name Postcard
Title Massey Hall and Library
Date 1920
Year Range from 1915
Year Range to 1925
Description Green Tinted postcard with white border. Picture taken facing the front entrance with an onion like dome tower prominent above. The building has three sections: entrance and tower, an oblong shaped left section with a windows rising where the roof peaks and running the length of the section, and the right section with brick facade and rose window. Large pines appear on the left and the building is fronted by shrubs and trees. A cloudy sky in the background. Another building can be glimpsed on the left behind the trees.
On front in lower proper left corner: "MASSEY HALL AND LIBRARY". On back left side: "PHOTOGELATINE ENGRAVING CO. LTD."
People Miller, George M.
Massey Family
Massey, Hart A.
Search Terms Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
Ontario Agricultural College - Massey Hall and Library
Subjects ARCHITECTURE - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
EDUCATION - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
PHOTOGRAPHS - POSTCARDS
Dimensions 5.43/3.54 - Length/Width Including border