Guelph Museums logo Collections Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1986.18.306
Object Name Postcard
Title Main Building (Johnston Hall), O.A.C.
Date 1910
Year Range from 1905
Year Range to 1915
Description Divided back, hand coloured, novelty postcard of Main Building O.A.C., from north end and front. It has a continuous mansard (flat) roof, with dormer windows on slope of the roof. It has arched windows and a classical style portico. There are metallic silver flakes (glitter), used to highlight the building. There is a white border at the bottom with the identification of the building.
on front "ONTARIO AGRICULTURAL SCHOOL, GUELPH, ONT." on back "WARWICK BROS. LIMITED, PUBLISHERS, TORONTO"
People Stone, Frederick William
Johnston, William Henry
Mills, James
Search Terms Ontario Agricultural College - Johnston Hall
Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
Moreton Lodge
Subjects ARCHITECTURE - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
EDUCATION - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
Dimensions 2.95/5.59 - Length/Width