Guelph Museums logo Collections Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1986.18.313
Object Name Postcard
Title Main Building (Johnston Hall), O.A.C.
Date 1905
Year Range from 1905.0
Year Range to 1905.0
Description Divided back postcard with correspondence and 2c postage stamp on back. It is a heraldic style card with a black and white picture of the Main Building O.A.C., in a gilt cartouche, the Canadian coat of arms (tinted) to the left, and crossed flags, (Canadian, Union Jack) with a beaver (tinted) between them, to the right.
on front "PROVINCIAL AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE GUELPH ONT." on back "WARWICK BROS. & RUTTER, LIMITED, TORONTO"
Date Made Notes: Postmarked
People Stone, Frederick William
Johnston, William Henry
Mills, James
Search Terms Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
Ontario Agricultural College - Johnston Hall
Moreton Lodge
Subjects ARCHITECTURE - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
EDUCATION - UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
GOVERNMENT - FEDERAL
Dimensions 1.77/2.95 - Length/Width Image